This week I’m launching a new podcast: [*The Weekly Briefly*](http://weeklybriefly.net).
(Though, if we’re going to be technical about it, it’s not really a *new* podcast… It’s more like a new spin on my current podcast.)
I’ve been recording and publishing my [members-only podcast, *Shawn Today*,](http://shawnblanc.net/members/) since February 2011. As of this morning I have published 467 episodes. Over the years, topics have run mostly parallel to topics here on shawnblanc.net — such as software, productivity and time management, photography, design, and more. But I’ve also talked about things I don’t write about, such as impostor syndrome, finances and budgeting, life as a dad, and more. On more than one occasion, *Shawn Today* has been the seedbed for future articles and reviews here on shawnblanc.net. (Last summer, *Shawn Today* was even the seedbed for an [entire book](http://shawnblanc.net/thedetails/).)
With *Shawn Today* now entering its 4th season, I want to change things up a bit. Here’s why:
– I very much enjoy doing *Shawn Today*, but I wanted to expand the show’s reach and add something new to the mix to see what would happen.
– *The Weekly Briefly* is a way for those who aren’t members to still listen to my podcast (albeit a weekly version instead of the daily), and a way for me to put some of my podcasts out there for anyone and everyone. Because, I believe [ideas that spread, win](http://shawnblanc.net/2011/02/seth-godin-ideas-win/).
– For those who *are* members, but who don’t keep up with the daily episodes, now you have an easier target if you want: just listen to the once-a-week show.
– Hopefully this once-a-week public episode will draw in new subscribers to the members-only daily podcast.
If you’re already listening to *Shawn Today*, there’s no need to subscribe to *The Weekly Briefly* because the latter will double as the Friday episode of the former.
– Yesterday I published [the pilot episode](http://weeklybriefly.net/0-introduction/) (what I recorded in order to get the podcast feed populated and submitted to iTunes).
– Here is [the Podcast RSS feed](http://feedpress.me/weeklybriefly), which you can use to subscribe to the show in your Podcatcher of choice.
– Here is [the direct iTunes link for the show](https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-weekly-briefly-podcast/id803301832) (may still be propagating for some).
My deepest and most sincere thanks to all the subscribing members of this site who listen to the show, give feedback, and enhance the conversation. You’ve made the past 467 episodes of Shawn Today a possibility, and I am very much looking forward to what the next 467 episodes have in store.